Family Wellness Centres Ltd is the controller responsible for keeping your information secure. Family Wellness Centres Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
How we use your personal information
This privacy notice explains why Family Wellness Centres Ltd collects information about you and how that information may be used. The health care professionals who provide you with care at Family Wellness Centres Ltd maintain records about your health and any treatment or care you have received previously; including any medical records transferred to Family Wellness Centres Ltd from another health care practice. These records help Family Wellness Centres Ltd to provide you with the best possible healthcare. Health records may be electronic, on paper or a mixture of both, and we use a combination of working practices and technology to ensure that your information is kept confidential and secure. Records which Family Wellness Centres Ltd holds about you may include the following information;
- Details about you such as; your address, date of birth, contact information, and emergency contact details
- Any contact the surgery has had with you, such as appointments, clinic visits, emergency appointments, etc.
- Notes and reports about your health
- Details about your treatment and care
- Results of testing such as structural analysis, nervous system scans, x-rays etc
- Relevant information from other health professionals, relatives or those who care for you
- We will add your email to our online Wellness BluePrint system which will email you information and advice relevant to your health care
To ensure you receive the best possible care, your records are used to facilitate the care you receive.
How we maintain the confidentiality of your records
We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use information collected lawfully in accordance data protection laws of the United Kingdom.
Every member of staff who works for Family Wellness Centres Ltd has a legal contractual obligation to keep information about you confidential.
We will only ever use or pass on information about you if others involved in your care have a genuine need for it. We will not disclose your information to any third party without your permission unless there are exceptional circumstances (i.e. life or death situations) or where the law requires information to be passed on.
Access to personal information
You have a right under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 to request access to view or to obtain copies of what information Family Wellness Centres Ltd holds about you and to have it amended should it be inaccurate. In order to request this, you need to do the following:
- Your request must be made in writing to Family Wellness Centres Ltd and must contain information that will help us to identify you; your full name, date of birth, and address.
- There may be a charge to have excessive or repeated copies of information
- We are required to respond to you within 28 calendar days
Should you have any concerns about how your information is managed at Family Wellness Centres Ltd then please contact the Practice Manager;
John Ryle – email@example.com
If you are still unhappy following a review by the practice manager, you can then complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) via their website; www.ico.gov.uk.
If you are happy for your data to be extracted and used for the purposes described in this privacy notice then you do not need to do anything. If you have any concerns about how your data is used and processed then please contact the practice manager.
Change of details
It is important that you our reception staff if any of your details, such as your name or address, have changed or if any of your details, such as date of birth, are incorrect in order for this to be amended promptly. We must record any changes so that our records remain accurate and up to date.